At Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County, we want to teach kids and teens how to live healthier. Our programs focus on helping kids eat a more balanced diet, become more physically fit, engage in healthy relationships, appreciate the environment, and develop social skills. We hope to build healthy habits now that will last a lifetime.
Programs with Impact
- Triple Play – a focus on health through the mind, body, and soulHealthy Habits (mind) – Learning about nutrition, healthy eating options, and meal preparation
- Daily Challenges (body) – increasing strength, agility, and cardio ability through daily exercise
- Social Recreation (soul) – increasing social interaction and social acceptance
- SMART Moves – a drug and alcohol prevention/intervention program
- SMART Girls – To help girls develop and adopt a healthy attitude and lifestyle, as well as acquire and maintain a positive self-concept, sound decision-making skills and mentor relationships
- Passport to Manhood – To teach and promote responsibility, reinforce positive behavior and develop character in adolescent males